|Best of the Best||Lego Technic Whack||Check Price on Amazon|
|Best App Based Toy||Shifu Orboot||Check Price on Amazon|
|Best for Athletes||Whoobli Punching Bag||Check Price on Amazon|
|Best for the Futurist||Sgile RC Robot||Check Price on Amazon|
|Best for Education||Osmo Genius Kit||Check Price on Amazon|
|Best for the Adrenaline Lover||Rollplay Nighthawk Electric Ride||Check Price on Amazon|
(Editor’s Note: This post contains affiliate links, which means we get paid a small commission if you purchase through our links – at no extra cost to you. This helps keep our lights on & we only recommend what we think is the best. Thanks for your support!)
When boys are young, they want everything they can lay their hands on. The fun and pleasure offered by toys is all they think about. These become indelible memories of their childhood. As a parent or guardian with a limited budget, it’s imperative you get them the most pleasurable toy you can find.
The ubiquity of such products ensures there is something for everyone. It also means that choosing the right toy is a daunting task. But fear not! We’ve made it our mission to provide you with the most comprehensive guide on the best toys for 7-year-old boys.
Our favorite is the LEGO Technic Whack. It improves abstract thinking in young boys while emphasizing fun. This doesn’t mean the other products aren’t great. They offer similar value to our favorite. Read on and discover how.
- How to Choose the Best Toys for 7 Year Old Boys
- Reviews of The Best Toys for 7 Year Old Boys
How to Choose the Best Toys for 7 Year Old Boys
There are many considerations when choosing the best toys for 7 year old boys. The only consideration most parents make is the price of the product. Not all children are the same. Getting popular products will not guarantee your child’s satisfaction. It’s vital to ensure that you reflect on the personality of your child when buying a toy.
Most children aren’t risk-aware. Fear and risk awareness develops as a child grows. There’s no way a child is born with life preservation instincts. The lack of such traits makes everything around them a danger.
Although they are more aware of dangers than tiny children at seven, they can still choke on toys, drink hazardous liquids, or inhale toxic gases because of ignorance.
As a parent or guardian, you’re unlikely to be present every time your child is in contact with a health hazard. So, you should ensure low-risk toys surround them. The best toys for 7 year olds are all low risk.
Think first about the materials used to construct toys. Metals may offer impressive durability, but their edges can become sharp and present a risk of cutting.
Electric toys need safety features that cut the risk of sparking or electrocution. They should also be waterproof. This ensures durability and prevents sparks if they get wet.
Liquids and glue are bad. There are so many things that can go wrong. If these feature in toys, your child will have to use the toys under supervision.
Durability and robustness should be attributes in toys for boys 7 years old. They’re curious and destructive at this age and unlikely to treasure possessions the same way an adult would.
Because of this, toys should be able to “endure” the abuse of a 7 year old. The build quality is proportional to the warranty offered. Manufacturers with faith in their product will provide at least two years.
Your boy will not stay 7 forever. He needs toys that will last him at least two years. Therefore, his toys should be relevant when he’s 8 or 9. The best way to determine a toy’s relevance is to look at its audience. Manufacturers usually mention the ages their product is for in ranges: 7 to 9 years olds, for example. It’s a legal requirement.
It’s best if you get a toy that has a broad range—about three years. Children are also quick to get bored. It’s easy for them to lose the initial enthusiasm of a new toy. To prevent this from happening, add different toys to their collection. Monotony is the enemy. The only way you can keep your boy thrilled with their toys is by ensuring they have more than one type to play with.
Our list of six caters to this. You don’t have to buy only one product. You could buy two or three to keep things interesting for your boy. The more choice, the better.
Education and Development
Your child is developing his mind. Along with attending school, other activities can also advance his cognitive development. These skills include learning an instrument, playing chess or adopting a second language. These activities may seem toilsome for most parents. An alternative is introducing boys to toys that promote this cognitive development.
A building kit, for example, improves spatial reasoning and critical thinking skills. Your boy, if he develops an affinity for such toys, could be an engineer or architect. Other toys, like those accompanied by an app, are great for teaching computer literacy. Learning and fun is an optimal combination for 7 year olds.
Your child isn’t old enough to understand the concept of limited resources. He has unbridled wants and hopes to get everything his heart desires. But as grown-ups, we know that price points are important considerations.
Price points are hard to decipher. If you look at only the cost of something you wouldn’t be able to tell if it’s cheap or expensive. The business tycoon Warren Buffet said, “Price is what you pay; value is what you get.” This principle is true for anything involving a consumer and a seller. As a consumer, you must ask if the product gives enough value to justify the price.
The value may come in the form of durability, product relevance and safety features. If these attributes are in a product, then a higher-priced product won’t be as expensive in the long run.
Look at the value a product offers and determine if it corresponds with the price. Avoid buying low-priced products without thinking about how it will perform after the sale..
Reviews of The Best Toys for 7 Year Old Boys
Best of the Best: LEGO Technic Whack
- Kids can be a part of the action with this high-speed LEGO Technic 42072 WHACK! model car This crash car is the perfect action toy to race against stunt cars and other toy vehicles Kids will be engaged in creative play for hours
- This STEM toy lets kids build a toy car with a powerful pull-back motor, sturdy front bumper, large rear spoiler, wide black rims with low profile tires and a toy engine that pops out on impact Kids will build a top race car with these accessories
- Combine this stunt car toy with the LEGO Technic 42073 BASH! to create an awesome WHACK! ‘N’ BASH! combo crash perfect for group play Plus, each model car kit comes with a toy engine that will pop out when the cars crash
- LEGO Technic sets are compatible with all LEGO building sets for hours of group play Kids can pull back, release to race and crash with a variety of other LEGO Technic stunt toys and pull back toys
- Crash car measures over 2” (6cm) high, 6” (17cm) long and 3” (9cm) wide Combi model measures over 3” (9cm) high, 7” (20cm) long and 3” (10cm) wide 135 pieces Model car kit is perfect for boys and girls between the ages of 7 and 14
Last update on 2020-11-28.
LEGO is a popular company among children and adults alike. It produces one of the most popular 7 year boy toys.
Its products develop cognitive abilities. They are scalable. As your child gets older, you can buy him a bigger and more complex building kit. They’re also one of the best gifts for 7 year olds.
The LEGO Technic Whack is an exciting piece of equipment. It’s sure to captivate your child.
Once assembled, it becomes a model car that can race or perform stunts. The combination model is divisible into two, competing or crashing into each other for the most fun. The creative possibilities are endless with the Technic Whack.
The car offers a sturdy engine and robust wheels. The durability provided by LEGO products is incredible. The Technic Whack is no different.
Unlike most products on this list, the LEGO Technic Whack is part of a much larger toy ecosystem. It’s compatible with other building blocks. These can create interesting variants of cars.
Best App Based Toy: Shifu Orboot
- ► Orboot Globe + app takes your child on an augmented reality based journey around the world. Fun. Interactive. Educational. Learn Geography, History, Environmental Science, and more(No borders and no names on Globe)
- ► COMPATIBILITY - Orboot app is free on iOS and Android. Compatible with - iPad 5th gen & above, iPad Air all models, iPad Pro All models, iPad Mini 2 & above, iPhone 6 & above; Android 3GB RAM and above. devices (kindles) are currently not supported at the moment.
- ► The box comes with a 10” globe, passport, stamps, country flag stickers, and a detailed help guide.
- ► ORBOOT APP - Explore 400+ highlights and 1000+ world facts across 6 categories - cultures, monuments, inventions, animals, maps and weather for various countries.
- ► STEAM ahead - a perfect toy for the ever-curious kids that sparks their imagination and curiosity. It helps build knowledge, linguistic and cognitive skills. Makes for an amazing and unique gift for kids!
Last update on 2020-11-28.
Ensuring your child has a global perspective is imperative. The Shifu Orboot is an app assisted toy kit that lets your child explore the world. The extensive knowledge your 7-year-old can gain is unbelievable.
A user can learn about the carnivals in Rio de Janeiro or the African Elephants in Zimbabwe. Such information is regularly omitted in formal education, so this toy ensures your child has an enhanced knowledge.
The globe combines with the app to create an augmented reality. This augmented reality is intuitive. It gives your 7 year old boy the feeling of being in another country.
They can learn interesting facts about the area. This stimulates their minds to do more research. Such toys are an indelible component of a boy’s development, and every child should be lucky enough to have one.
This toy is on the more expensive end of the spectrum. You’ll also need a tablet to optimize the experience. Despite the extra amount of money you must pay, this toy is one of the best you can buy. Such toys birth lifelong passions. 7-year-old boy explorers would love this product.
Best Toy for Boy Athletes: Whoobli Punching Bag
- TAKES A SOLID PUNCH: Kids will go crazy over this boxing set! For starters, it’s the ONLY kids punching bag you’ve seen today in fun American boxing colors! It’s a tough freestanding punching bag too! This inflatable bag is made of PU leather and takes everything a kid can dish out! And it keeps bouncing back, ready for more! Also comes with cool kids boxing gloves!
- HOURS OF HEALTHY FUN: Growing kids are full of energy - and that energy has to go somewhere. This red and white punching bag with stand is modelled on pro boxing equipment, so even if it’s hard for you to get them into sports or outdoor toys, this is different! Wait for it… because they’ll be begging you DAILY to put on their punching mitts and wear themselves out!
- THE GIFT THAT NEVER WEARS OUT: Birthdays, Christmas – this set covers kids gifts for all ages and occasions! Whether you’re looking for 4 year old boy gifts, girls toys, or toys for 7 year old boys, this SUPER COOL boxing ball set will be the most addictive toy in the house! Look out, even Grandma is likely to try and throw in a few rounds! This kit is designed for kids aged 3 to 8yrs.
- EASY TO USE: This standing punching bag comes with a FREE pump and 6 ounce boxing gloves for kids. Perfect kids boxing training equipment! The Bullseye Boxing Kit comes with full instructions so it’s easy to set up. It has an adjustable height from 34” to 44” and the round base is solid with a carry handle for transporting around. Made from Non-Toxic, robust PU Leather.
- OUR PROMISE: We understand a kids boxing gloves and punching bag set is quite a big commitment. Especially for children who may have never had one before! But we’ve got you covered, if you have any issues contact us and we promise to take care of it! So why not try the portable Bulleseye inflatable punching bag set today, risk free.
Last update on 2020-11-28.
Providing a fun opportunity for exercise is a great way to promote fitness. If you and your family are big on boxing, then you’ll love this punching bag from Whoobli. 7 year old boys love moving around it and exerting energy.
There are few better ways to exert their energy than making use of a punching bag. Not only will it get your child fit, but improve athleticism and reaction speed.
The Whoobli Punching Bag can accommodate 7 year old boys of different heights. The adjustable length ranges from 34 to 44 inches. The set includes gloves and training equipment.
A vibrant red color dominates the product. This Makes it attractive to the wondering eyes of a 7 year old. If you’re looking for the perfect gift for 7 year old boys, this product won’t disappoint.
The only downside is the idea of violence attached to a punching bag. Some parents think they’ll be inciting violence in their child. But this isn’t the case. Boxing gyms are a popular trend among adults, and the good ones preach non-violence outside the ring.
So why can’t a toy do the same? This is one of the best toys for 7 year olds. Boy athletes are born from such products.
Best Toy for the Futurist: Sgile RC Robot
- Gesture Sensing: The remote control robot toy has a gesture sensing function, the sensor receiver zone on the chest can respond quickly after receiving various gesture commands and move forward, backward, left and right accordingly.
- Programming: The programmable kids robot toy has a One-button Programming function that can demonstrate a set of actions that the child enters through the remote control, and can input up to 50 motion commands so that kids can play their own imagination in play.
- Patrol: After the patrol function is activated, the fun robot toy will move to observe. With its built-in sensor, the intelligent robot can detect and avoid obstacles encountered to avoid potential collisions.
- Sing and Dance: The robot toy has a pair of bright LED eyes, which can not only walk, slide but also have the function of singing and dancing. Dynamic music and dance will bring more fun to children.
- Battery: The robot can play for 60 minutes after charging for about 120 minutes! And you can easily charge it using the USB cable that comes with the robot.
Last update on 2020-11-28.
Science fiction is popular among little ones. It combines some aspects of reality with imagination. So a dream born from science fiction isn’t out of reach. Whether it’s robots or flying cars, these technologies are possible in their lifetime. The best way to stimulate such fantasies is by buying a toy that reflects this part of their character. The Sgile RC Robot does precisely that.
This gesture sensing toy is impressive. It recognizes hand motions and responds. You can tell it to move or stop using your hands. This feature will definitely intrigue your little boy. The robot also offers programmable features. So you can connect it to a computer and input desired functions. This presents a great introduction to coding for your child.
The Sgile RC Robot also has a remote control function. But this won’t be in use often, considering its other features. The patrol mode is the most exciting feature. Once activated, the toy roams about using its sensors to avoid obstacles. It collects data on the surrounding areas, much like a futuristic robot would do.
The robot can also dance. Yes, dance! With such features, which 7 year boy wouldn’t love it?
Best Toy for Education: Osmo Genius Kit
- Newer version available. Discontinued by manufacturer. Osmo is magic: fun-filled & Award winning learning games that interact with actual hand held pieces & an iPad, bringing a child's game pieces & actions to life (no Wi-Fi necessary for game play).
- Age & capability: ages 6-10+. games are designed for beginner to expert levels. Osmo enables the continuation of learning. Track game progress, using child game profiles, on a parent app.
- What's in the box: Osmo base for iPad, Tangram pieces, numbers tiles, words tiles, stackable storage for each game, & 5 game apps: numbers, Tangram, words, Newton, and masterpiece.
- Designed with fun & learning in mind, in Palo Alto, California. An iPad & Osmo base (iPad is not included) are required to play. Compatible with iPad 2-6, iPad mini 1-4, iPad Air 1-2, iPad Pro 9.7 & 10.5 inch. Fire tablet is not compatible with this base.
Last update on 2020-11-28.
Education is an essential attribute for a toy wanting to be one of the best toys for 7 year old boys.
The Osmo Genius Kit is the ultimate educational kit for 7 year olds. It’s one of the best gifts for 7 year old boys. Most parents would love to have their child enjoy hours of fun while learning something new. This, again, is the perfect combination of attributes a toy can have.
The Osmo Genius Kit is only compatible with an iPad. The iOS app is well designed and easy to use. The games on the app have won many awards for how intuitive and interesting they are. The structure of the games allows a child to progress as they get older. They can use these features until they’re 10 years old. This makes the product relevance of this toy perfect.
In the box, you’ll find a dock for the iPad and other tools that are useful. The set includes word tiles, number tiles and Tangram pieces.
There are only two disadvantages to this product. At slightly under a hundred dollars, this product is expensive. Then there’s the fact you can only use it with an iPad, which is a premium grade tablet. The other disadvantage is that the manufacturer has discontinued the product. So get yours soon if you’re interested. One of the best toys for 7 year old boys.
Best Toy for the Adrenaline Lover: Rollplay Nighthawk Electric Ride
- Quality power performance: High performance 12V battery and easy to use push start and stop pedals lets riders twist, turn and glide around obstacles at variable speeds up to 6 mph
- Unique steering technique: low-riding, sleek design with supporting wheels allows riders to lean left and right and easily maneuveur around obstacles
- Safe and controllable: meets children's safety standards and offers extra protection with easy steer handlebars and a red safety flag to make the rider easy to spot while riding
- Little assembly required: Simply remove the battery from the seat and plug it in to the included charger to power the ride-on that has an extended battery life of up to 2 hours
- Portable and lightweight: compact size and easy to store with dimensions of 31.1 (L) x 25.2 (W) x 8.4 (H) and weighing 20 lbs. Weight Capacity 110 lbs and recommended for ages 6 and up
Last update on 2020-11-28.
Despite the torrid fear most parents have, boys need to be free and allowed to have fun. 7-year-olds are the right age to experience the heart-racing thrill. This may come in dance, skateboarding or using the Rollplay nighthawk Electric Ride. This is one of the most daring gifts for a 7-year-old boy. But also one of the most rewarding.
The Rollplay high-quality performance uses a 12 Volt battery. This lets riders maneuver between obstacles at a maximum speed of 6 miles per hour. That’s fast enough to thrill 7 year old boys. But slow enough to prevent parents from getting a heart attack. The handling on this vehicle is impressive, giving your boy the control he needs to have fun.
The makers have included safety measures such as a safety flag that ensures the rider is easy to spot. The product is quick to assemble. It’s also compact and light enough to take on travels, so the fun is with you wherever you go.
This is the most expensive product on our list. That’s one reason we have ranked it last. Few parents will see the value in it. But this is one of the best toys for 7 year old boys.
Deciding on the best toys for 7 year old boys is never easy. There are a plethora of excellent products on the market. Picking a handful doesn’t do justice to all the manufacturers putting a smile on the faces of 7 year olds.
But we trust our list and the value it offers. The LEGO Technic Whack is our favorite. It’s manufactured by a reputable brand and is also part of an entire ecosystem of products. Other great options are the educational Shifu Orboot or futuristic Sgile RC Robot.
With such great products on offer, you’re spoiled for choice.
Be a good guardian or parent by getting your child one of these products. You’ll inspire curiosity and activity and ignite a desire to explore the world. You’d expect nothing less from the best toys for 7 year old boys.