Children Learning Reading Review: What You Should Know
You know that setting your child up to succeed in life is what good parenting is all about.
Early childhood reading programs give your child a priceless boost.
According to a 1985 report by the National Commission On Reading (1), the number one most important factor that influences the early educational success of a child is introducing books at home before starting school.
It is a proven fact that early literacy & reading skills are the best ways to prepare your child prepared for what lies ahead in the real world.
Imagine the difference it will make in your child’s self-confidence when she or he has a head start in reading.
When your child does the reading, it bumps his or her chances for success up even higher.
(Editor's Note: This Children Learning Reading review contains affiliate links, which means we get paid a small commission if you purchase through our links - at no extra cost to you. This helps keep our lights on & we only recommend what we think is the best. Thanks for your support!)
There’s just one problem. Not every parent is a teacher. The majority of parents don’t merely need an excellent early reading program; we need one that is simple to implement too.
And so my quest began to find an early childhood reading program that catered to both the child and the parent which, in this case, is the student and the teacher.
It turned out to be a pretty tall order but I did finally find one that aced the challenge.
Does It Work?
Yes, it does. According to the website there are over 78,000 happy parents and many testimonials.
You will need to commit to at least 15 minutes per day on a regular schedule for your child to get the most out it.
One affordable payment up front with no monthly subscription needed.
Overall rating : 4 / 5
There are 3 reasons why this program has been so popular for so long:
- This is a full system developed by Jim Yang as he taught his own kids to read. It is a product of love and it shows. His daughter was able to read at 2 years old.
- The teaching method used is phonemic awareness and has been proven to be one of the most effective methods to teach kids how to read.
- It's really affordable considering the advantage your child will have by being able to read at such a young age.
What Do You Get With Your Purchase of the Children Learning Reading Program?
This is an innovative and practical, program created by Jim Yang used to teach children to learn to read and (drum-roll, please) teaches parents how to teach them.
It comes in the form of e-books in a standard or premium package (with more materials) that gives you simple instructions to follow on how to help a child learn to read.
You can also add on math worksheets or phonics and phonemic awareness worksheets if you like.
The children learning reading program lays it all on the line in a logical, applicable way with no time-consuming, confusing “stuff” to filter through.
The Children Learning Reading Method
Within the program, the 50 step-by-step easy to follow short lessons are a breeze to use and also are amazingly useful.
Phonemic awareness and synthetic phonics are creatively combined and implemented in an extremely effective method that gets the task done. You will be able to teach children to read with the lesson stories - I did.
Hopefully you'll see your child's reading skills and reading ability improve quickly.
Although there are a number of good early childhood reading programs, some important features pushed the Children Learning Reading Program to the top of my list. Here are a few things I found very valuable:
- As mentioned before, the simplicity of this lesson program was what initially sold me.
- I am quite awkward when attempting to formally school my child because I’m well aware that being a teacher was not my calling.
- This program makes it natural and easy to guide and instruct my child even without any teaching skills.
Does This Program Really Work?
- Another great thing about this program is that it works. And - it works well.
- I watched the videos on the site and knew it worked for other children, but when my child began to read, I've got to admit I got teary eyed.
- According to Jim Yang, there are over 78,000 happy parents who've used the program.
- Like many parents these days, I have a full-time job outside the house and another full-time job when I get home.
- Unfortunately, I don’t have much time to devote to teaching my child to read.
- Fortunately, this program comes in the form of an instant download and only requires 10-15 minutes a day. Some are just 3-5 minutes. Perfect for teaching children with a short attention span.
- Seriously, how convenient is that?
When Can You Start The Children Learning Reading Program?
- The learning process accommodates children as young as 2 years old up to early elementary age.
- For some, this is a useful feature because if you purchase the program and life suddenly gets busy and you have to put the lessons off for a time, your child will not outgrow it and can still improve their reading skills.
- In my case, it meant I could use this one program for two of my children, teaching them reading skills in just a few minutes a day. That was a perfect fit for this multi-tasking mom, and it made it even more affordable.
- So, I’m a sucker when it comes to getting the biggest bang for my bucks.
- This program also comes with a Children’s Favorite Nursery Rhyme book which contains 35 children’s nursery rhymes.
- Also included is a collection of mp3 audio lessons that correctly pronounce the words in the reading lesson package so that there is no guessing and your child is sure of the proper sounds.
- I found the Children Learning Reading program to be one of the most reasonably priced ones on the market.
- Most others ranged from a few hundred to entirely ridiculous prices. You get your choice of the budget (standard) package or the premium package which makes it affordable for all.
- The premium package is optional - you don't need it unless you want the extra material.
- There are no hidden fees or recurring charges with the Children Learning Reading set-up which I appreciate. It’s a single, very affordable payment.
User and Parent-Friendly
- Not only am I not a teacher, but I’m also not a computer whiz either. I’m a little handicapped in that area.
- I was very relieved that the methods & approach used (phonemes) did not require any special skills in the teaching department or computer knowledge. The lessons are also easy to follow.
- To be completely transparent (at the risk of looking less than brilliant), I did not learn phonics as a child, so I was lacking that skill. When I learned to read, the school used another lesson course.
- Fortunately, I did not need to know phonics or anything else the lessons entailed. I just needed to know the letter sounds. And guess what? It was very easy. I learned right along with my children who are different ages and are working at different levels.
- There are some testimonials and even videos that are available which rave about the success of this reading skills program.
- I read and watched them all, and they eased my mind as I decided to purchase it.
- I must add that no matter how many studies, testimonials, and reviews I read, experiencing my child learning to read was proof beyond a doubt that this method works.
- I just followed the proven plan’s easy instructions.
- I have kids and thus…I have enough stuff in my house without adding to the pile. Thankfully, this program is all online and doesn’t involve DVDs to keep up with.
- I mainly have enjoyed not having to hunt down anything to get right on to the scheduled step-by-step lessons.
- There are audio CDs, but those are just icing on the cake and not required for the lessons.
- I’m a skeptic when it comes to committing to a purchase, especially online.
- The program includes a 60-day (no questions asked) unconditional money-back guarantee though.
- I happen to love this program but everyone is different, but if you don’t, you can always get a refund which is security I have come to watch for in any product.
- There are several payment options. I like using PayPal because you get a double-layer of buying protection.
- Computer or Tablet Required
Worth noting is that this program does operate on a computer or device. You’ll need an internet connection and access to a device such as a laptop or a tablet in order to download and use the PDFs.
- No Print Version or App (you'll have to print it out yourself )
- It Requires Time & Effort To See Results
The only other downside to this program is that it’s not magic. You do have to invest some time, energy and effort into it. And, your child does too, of course. The program's minimal requirements make it completely doable though.
What Age Should A Child Learn To Read?
Learning To Read At School
Typically children master the more difficult reading concepts by the time they are 7 years old. Most kids can be taught to read by age 4 or 5 either in preschool or kindergarten. Some toddlers can be pick up reading basics as early as 2 years old. The maximum age to grasp the basics of reading is 5 years old. Otherwise the child may too far behind their peers.
Has Anyone Used Children Learning Reading?
Yes, if you buy this program you'll be joining over 78,000 satisfied parents around the world. Teaching your child to learn to read is a great feeling.
Children Learning Reading Customer Reviews
Here are some testimonials from the program's website:
I searched, but could not find any negative reviews. Based on my experience, this program is one of the best ways to teach your child how to read.
Is There A Coupon Code Or Discount?
As of the writing of this review, there is no official coupon code or discount for the program. If you're still on the fence, there is a risk-free low cost trial period that you can access by moving your mouse to the top of your browser.
There are several other reading programs out there that we've looked at, but haven't written about yet:
Summing Up Our Review
There are several good early childhood reading programs on the market. They all have their good and not-so-good points.
I hope our children learning reading review helps with your decision.
When it came down to what my child needed in a program AND what I needed from one to make it happen, the Children Learning Reading Program was the clear winner for me.
1. National Commission On Reading Report: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/309397770_Becoming_a_nation_of_readers_The_report_of_the_Commission_on_Reading